Compucast TV has been created to offer organisations and individuals the ability to create, produce and broadcast their own TV Channel on the Compusurf TV service
- Musicians and DJ’s
- Community organisations
- Gardening groups to showcase their work
- Religious organisations
- Commercial applications like real estate, commercial radio etc.
The channel will appear on the compusurf TV line up and (optional) on the worldwide stage via the Twitch TV platform
Your Channel content can be live or recorded and any mix of the two.
What you need to get started:
- A PC or laptop that meets minimum specs to run the Broadcast Studio Software *
- An internet connection with Compusurf
- Optional extras if you what to do live broadcasts like cameras and microphones
How much is it going to cost?
For Compusurf customers operating their channel on a non profit basis it is totally free, The only costs are for the optional purchase of extra broadcast equipment like cameras, lighting, audio mixers and microphones, none of which are required for a basic set up with a good webcam and mic on your PC, you don’t even need a webcam and mic if your just broadcasting recorded material. All the streaming, hosting and serving is included in your normal monthly internet fee.
For commercial use, defined as content designed to produce or increase revenue eg: Estate agents, Radio stations etc, there is a monthly licence fee from only 50 euros plus iva per month, the first month is free to give you time to get up and running and fine tune things.
How do I get started?
First of all you need to open a free Twitch account here, this is so you can practice and view your output before going live, download the Free Broadcast Studio software to your PC, available here. Next you need to learn how to use it, a good beginners tutorial is here, there are many more out there, do some google searching for tutorials better suited to your own ability and requirements. Initially you set up your broadcast studio to stream to your twitch account. Please note we do not offer support on the use of the software or how to operate a TV channel, this is down to you to research and learn for yourselves, honestly its not that difficult and no real tech knowledge is required, once again google is your best friend, we do however assist you to get the initial connection set up to our server once you are ready to go live on Compusurf TV.
Is there anything I am not allowed to do?
The following is not allowed:
- Inappropriate and adult content not suitable for family viewing.
- Broadcasting copyrighted material without owners consent eg: movies, images etc
- Advertising for financial gain without paying our monthly commercial licence fee
- Any content designed to create or enhance revenue without paying the monthly commercial licence fee. Compusurf reserve the right to determine what is and what isn’t commercial.
I am ready to go live, what do I do next?
Once you are happy with your content send us an email to email@example.com and we will give you instructions on how to reconfigure your broadcast software to cast to our TV servers. You can continue to stream your channel to Twitch Tv as well as the compusurf tv system or opt to solely transmit on compusurf TV.