How to Install Compusurf TV on a Firestick
This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to Install Compusurf TV on a Firestick. This is a totally free service to all Compusurf Internet customers. The system uses an APP called Kodi to receive the signal and send it to your TV, just like a sat box would do. Unfortunately Kodi is not available in the official Amazon APPstore so we have to use another method to get the APP. If Kodi is already installed on your firestick then skip the first bit and go straight to the video at the bottom of this page.
First Install an app called “Downloader” This is the simplest way to install Kodi on a firestick
- On the homepage use the left and right buttons on the remote to highlight the “Find” icon.
- Press the down button to highlight the big search icon and press select on the remote.
- In the search field start to type the word “Downloader” using the up, down, left, right and select buttons on the remote
- After a couple of letters the word “Downloader” appears in a list below the field you are typing in
- Press the down button to highlight the word Downloader in the list and press the select button on the remote.
- Highlight and press the select button on the the Orange Downloader App icon
- Highlight and press the select button on the word “Download”
- Once installed highlight and press the select button on “open”
You will be asked to allow Downloader to access photos, media and files, you must highlight and select “allow” or the installation will fail. highlight and select “ok” on any info boxes that pop up.
The App has now installed and you will now be on the Downloader home screen.
- Press the up button once to put the cursor in the URL field
- Press the select button on the remote and a keyboard will appear
- Type: troypoint.com/kodistable by using up, down,left, right and select buttons
- Once typed, check spelling, highlight the Go icon and press the select button on the remote
- Kodi will start downloading
- If you get a https error use the same url in the browser method, (button on left)
- Once downloaded, highlight the install button and press select on the remote
- A warning will appear about Unknown apps, select settings
- Select “Install unknown Apps”
- Highlight and Select Downloader (currently showing as off)
- The word On will appear
- Press the back button twice to return to the Downloader app
- Highlight and select install
- Another window appears, highlight the word Install in the bottom right hand corner and press the select button on the remote
- When done highlight and select the open button that appears at the bottom right.
- Highlight and press the select button on the remote on any warnings or info boxes that pop up
- You must accept any permission warnings that pop up or the install will fail.
You now have Kodi installed and must configure the app for Compusurf TV
You must be logged in to post a comment.